Anniversaries are a time to pull together and remember what truly matters, community. 150 year anniversaries are a time to throw a party! Join your community in celebration and get involved by donating or volunteering!
Moberly is only as successful as the people that make it up. Let’s band together and pride ourselves in the community by getting involved! Donate today, become a member of the Sesquicentennial Association and make this celebration possible!
- $25 Ground Breakers: will receive an individualized certificate and listing in the Moberly Sesquicentennial souvenir book.
- $100 Pioneers: will receive the above plus a a lapel pin.
- $250 Founders: who will receive all the above plus a commemorative polo shirt
- $1000 Leaders: who will receive all the above plus a personalized Moberly brick
- Donate cash, or supplies to “Heritage Plaza” Pocket Park
- The current owner of the former Sosna State Theater has offered to donate the building to xxxxxxx, if funds can be raised to renovate it into a pocket park.
- What supplies are needed:
- Roofing/drywall: roof must be removed; some interior demolition; exterior doors removed
- Plumbing: two restrooms
- Electrical: light fixtures over entries and along inside walls
- Masonry: brick sidewalks and interior seating areas
- Wrought iron: 3 small and one large wrought iron gates would be installed
- Pay travel expenses for a band or dignitary to be in the parade.
- Sponsor a new mural in downtown Moberly.
- Railroad mural: The City plans to have a railroad-themed mural painted on the south side of the HomeCare of Mid Missouri annex (east Municipal Auditorium lot).
- Mini-mural: The opportunity exists for several smaller-size murals to be painted on downtown Moberly windows or doors. See photo for example. Murals would need to be approved by the Main Street Moberly Design Committee with certain legal and aesthetic specifications. Honor a historical event or founding father, a business, a business person or famous Moberly resident with a mini-mural.
MAKE A DONATION PLEDGE
Donations may be mailed to Matt Cleavinger at PO Box 695 or dropped at County Bank, 1615 North Morley, Moberly.