Junk Junktion and Gus Macker are happening on September 17 & 18, 2022. For the first time ever Junk Junktion will be held TWO DAYS. This past year the event had over 120 vendors that sell vintage and handmade items. In conjunction with the event we hosted a 3-on-3 outdoor basketball tournament called Gus Macker which will happen on both Saturday & Sunday. Besides this a car show will take place on Saturday, inflatables, trolley shuttle and the Moberly Mini Train will be operating. It is going to be an entire weekend of family fun make sure to book your trip now as our hotels fill up quickly. Click on the lodging tab to see all of the area’s options.
1. Who is able to play in Gus Macker? – Anyone ages 7 to 50+ can play. Experienced to no experience can play.
2. Where will the tournament be held? The tournament will be held in Moberly Depot District (Downtown) on Williams Street.
3. How are teams matched? Teams are matched by gender, age, height and experience of all four players are taken into consideration.
4. How many games will my team play? Teams will play at least 3 scheduled games. Gus Macker is a double elimination tournament with a consolation bracket.
5. Are they referees? Yes! A GusBuster maintains law & order between all players and calls fouls/violations as necessary.
7. What are the safety measures in place? Masks are not required in Randolph County, but those that want them will be provided. Hand sanitizer will be placed throughout the event and we recommend staying six feet apart from others. If you are not feeling well please stay home and keep everyone safe 🙂
8. What parking is available? Free and paid parking are in the Downtown area. View the map to see paid parking options. Trollies will take people from the Moberly Mini Train to and from Downtown.
9. How do I register for the car show? Click here.
10. How much are trolley rides? They are free!
11. Do vendors take credit cards? Most do, but we recommend bringing cash for some vendors, parking, food and the Mini Train rides.